It seems like I have a back log of yummy recipes waiting to be posted, so stay tuned for a lot of recipes over the next week or two. I went in search of a way to use buckwheat flour and came accross these cookies. They're a nice change from a regular chocolate chip cookie. If you don't like the flavour of buckwheat, these won't be for you! It's prominent.
Chocolate and Buckwheat Cookies
adapted from this recipe on "The View from Great Island" which was adapted from Barefeet in the Kitchen
1/2 C unsalted butter, softened
1/4 C sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 C buckwheat flour
3/4 C whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cornstarch
1 C chopped 80% dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Cream the butter and sugars until fluffy
3. Add the vanilla and egg and beat well.
4. In a separate bowl, whick together the dry ingredients.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
6. Stir in the chocolate, then drop by spoonful onto parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 minutes. They will look slightly underdone, but this is okay. Let them cool for a few minutes, then transfer to rack to completely cool ( or enjoy them warm)