Thursday, December 6, 2012

Roasted Root Vegetables

This one is a guest post from my Mom. She's a great cook, and this is a really easy dish that smells wonderful while it's cooking. I added in a Plaintain because it was in my fridge. Thanks Mom!

Roasted Vegetable Medley

I made the easiest /most delicious  roasted vegetable medley yesterday. Here it goes, and the hardest job was preparing the vegs !!!! You can use any combination of root vegs .

I used: 
3 lg. carrots thickly sliced 
2 parsnips thickly sliced
2 large potatoes chunked
1 lg sweet potato chunked
2 med onions cut in wedges
1 stalk of celery sliced 
6 cloves of garlic peeled 
1/2 rutabaga (  turnip ) chunked
If I had a fennel I would use it too

2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp savory
salt and pepper to taste


1. Preheat oven to 425F
2. Rub olive oil over bottom and sides of shallow roasting pan ( I needed my big roaster ).  

3. Add vegs and and the other tbsp of olive oil , balsamic vinegar , and spices
4. Mix it all well with your hands.
5. Bake uncovered  45 min,  stirring after every 15 min.  

6. Serve with  french bread and a glass of red wine
This is the ULTIMATE in comfort food  and the smell and taste are amazing !!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment