Monday, June 17, 2013

Anna's Granola


My favorite granola recipe is not as sweet as most of the store bought varieties. In the summer, I eat it for breakfast most mornings with some plain yogurt and fruit (usually whatever berry is freshest that week). You know I have strawberries in my bowl this week! I hope you enjoy it. 


Anna's Granola

4.5 C large flaked rolled oats
1/2 C slivered or chopped almonds
1/2 C pumpkin seeds
1/2 C sunflower seeds
1/4 C sesame seeds
1/2 C walnuts
1/2 C maple syrup
2 Tbsp molasses
1/4 cup light tasting oil ( like canola)
Raisins to taste ( or other dried fruit(s) of choice)


1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Stir together all ingredients except raisins in large bowl until dry ingredients are all coated
3. Spread on a parchment paper  lined baking sheet
4. Bake for 15 -20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. I like mine on the darker side, but if you don't watch carefully so it doesn't burn. 
5. Once cool, stir in raisins
6. Store at room temperature in an airtight container. 
7. Enjoy with yogurt and fruit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment