Date Hemp Seed Loafadapted from "Date a Nut Bread" from Crazy Plates by Janet and Greta Podleski 1999
1 1/2 C light spelt flour
1/2 C chopped and pitted Medjool dates
1/2 C hemp seeds
1 C graham cracker crumbs
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C maple syrup
1/2 C almond milk mixed with 1/2 Tbsp white vinegar
1/3 C unsweetened applesauce
1/4 C canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside
3. Combine the dates and seeds with 2 Tbsp of flour and set aside
4. In a large bowl, mix all remaining dry ingredients except sugar.
5. Combine the sugar with the remaining wet ingredients and mix well.
6. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and combine until ingredients are just moistened, then fold in dates and seeds.
7. Spoon batter into pan.
8. Bake for 45-50 minutes ( until toothpick comes out clean). Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan, then let cool completely before slicing.