adapted from this recipe by Teresa Cutter
makes 4 burgers
1 carrot, grated
1 celery stalk, diced
1 C baby spinach, chopped
1 handful parsley, chopped
1 lb ground chicken
1 Tbsp tamari sauce
1. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a frying pan. Saute the onion, carrot, and celery over medium heat until softened.
2. Add the spinach and saute until just wilted.
3. Let mixture cool to room temperature, then using hands, mix vegetables with ground chicken, parsley, and tamari. Form patties with hands.
4. Refrigerate burgers for a couple of hours (or overnight) to firm up.
5. BBQ or fry in a small amount of olive oil
6. Sprinkle burgers with some sesame seeds ( especially if you are going to serve on top of a salad).