Apple Cinnamon Granola Muffins
adapted from this recipe by Teresa Cutter
2 C rolled oats
1 C whole spelt flour
1/4 C ground flaxseed
1/2 C finely diced raisins
2 Tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 C plain yogurt
1/4 C olive oil
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 medium sized sweet apples
1. Preheat oven to 325F
2. Mix together dry ingredients and set aside
3. Grate one apple, and add it and the juices to the dry mixture.
4. Add the rest of the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and allow to sit for 10 minutes so that oats will soften.
5. Fill lined muffin tins with batter.
6. Bake for 15 minutes
7. Remove muffins from oven and add sliced apples to the top of each muffin. Return to oven to bake for 20 more minutes.
8. Enjoy hot drizzled with honey