This is an easy make ahead dessert if you're having a couple of friends over for dinner or a BBQ. Although. it doesn't technically need to be frozen, freezing the cake allows a much nicer cut, and holds the ingredients together nicely. Remove the cake from the freezer 30-40 minutes prior to eating. I took it out when I was starting to prepare dinner. Cut the cake, and plate it, then allow it to slowly warm up while you eat your dinner. By the time you eat it, it should still be cold, but easy to cut through all the layers with a fork.
Frozen Blueberry Cream Cheese Cake
1 C walnuts
6 medjool dates (or quantity needed to make a sticky mass)
1. Line base of a 6 inch spring form pan with parchment paper.
2. Place walnuts in food processor and process into crumbs.
3. Add one medjool date at a time and process. Stop adding dates when the mixture forms a sticky mass.
4. Press this into the bottom of the spring form pan.
2 C fresh or frozen blueberries
4 Tbsp chia seeds
1. Place blueberries in a pot and heat over med heat until bubbly. Mash up any full blueberries.
2. Stir in chia seeds and allow to gel for about 10 minutes while making cream cheese topping.
3. Top base layer with blueberry layer.
Cream Cheese Whipped Topping:
1 C whipping cream
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1. Whip cream cheese until fluffy.
2. Pour in whipping cream and whip until you have a whipped cream like consistency.
3. In final minutes of whipping add the sugar and vanilla.
4. Top blueberry layer with whipped topping. Then add some whole blueberries to the center for decoration. Freeze until solid.