Salmon Zucchini Skewers
adapted from this recipe by Sara Forte
4 servings of Wild Salmon
2 lemons, sliced and seeded
1 large or 2 small zucchini
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 garlic clove
1/4 tsp salt and pepper
3/4 C chopped English cucumber
zest of 1 lemon
1 Tbsp fresh dill
1 Tbsp fresh mint
1/2 C plain yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 500F using just the broiler. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut the salmon into cubes and thinly slice the zucchini
3. Thread the zucchini, lemons and salmon onto skewers. Lay the skewers on the prepared parchment paper.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, syrup, and seasonings. Brush the resulting sauce evenly over the skewers.
5. Bake on the top rack in the preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes. Check the fish half way through and rotate the skewers. The fish should flake easily, but not be too dry.
6. While the skewers are cooking, prepare the yogurt sauce. Mix all ingredients together in a food processor and pulse until you reach the desired consistency. I like it chunky.
This works well with white fishes such as haddock as well. I loved this recipe so much I made it twice in 1 week.